Want a one-hour Lunch & Learn? We can do that!
Dr. Coles presentation style is interactive and engaging, offering fifty-minute CE courses on many topics. He also provides two-hour to two-day seminars.
"Very good 2 hours!"
"The lunch 'n learn was very informative."
"Excellent training... thank you for the opportunity!"
- Attendees can expect to gain knowledge of how to develop and maintain their personal wellbeing self-care program, which is useful for all healthcare professionals whether they have or have not experienced compassion fatigue, burnout, or substance use disorder.
- Attendees will learn about the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue and how to differentiate it from burnout.
- They will also learn about tools they can use to decrease the likelihood of succumbing to these conditions and to diminish their effects once they occur.
- Use of mindfulness, meditation, yoga, exercise, and development of a social network to support wellbeing and recovery will be discussed.
A typical 2-hour presentation that will include:
- Administration, scoring, evaluation, interpretation, and discussion of the Professional Quality of Life (ProQOL) measure of compassion satisfaction, compassion fatigue, and burnout
- Sharing of my personal compassion fatigue narrative
- Review of compassion fatigue and burnout signs
- Open discussion of audience members’ symptoms of compassion fatigue and burnout
- Review of similarities among and differences between:
- Compassion fatigue
- Secondary traumatic stress
- Substance use disorder
- Effects of substance use disorder on family, friends, and loved ones of addicts and alcoholics
- Describe tools to:
- Prevent compassion fatigue
- Treat compassion fatigue
- Enhance personal resiliency
- Fill the personal well of compassion
- Self-regulate and maintain relaxation tone
- Basic understanding of autonomic nervous system
- Fight or flight versus parasympathetic
- Develop personal support network
The goal for audience participants is the development of their own personal self-directed compassion fatigue resiliency plan including these aspects:
- Professional workplace